- Customer Service & Product Knowledge We are happy to talk with you and/or email furniture literature, specifications & offer suggestions for your specific goals. We know our products and work with you to be sure you are purchasing the best solutions for your facility.
- Quick Ship Many items are in Stock or Quick Ship when time is of the essence. We also provide customized furnishings that are are made to order.
- Low Prices Compare! You will find our prices to be very competitive with low or free shipping. And if we save on volume or shipping, that savings gets passed on to you.
- High Quality Many products meet or Exceed ANSI/BIFMA standards, AntiMicrobial / AntiBacterial PVC free Vinyl coverings.
- Warranty Many furnishings carry a LIFETIME warranty.
- Delivered Assembled saving you time and money. Products ship fully assembled ready to use, some just need minimimal assembly for instance attaching legs or casters.
- Free Design Service & Customized Options
- No minimums on purchases
- Certified Safe & Secure Shopping and one to grow . . .
- Green Products, GreenGuard Certified, Green Manufacturing, Carb Compliant, Solar Panels, Recycling Programs.
- Standard High Pressure Laminate Tops 1″ industrial grade particle board core laminate with standard HPL (High Pressure Laminate). This durable surface is like your kitchen counter top and suitable for areas that are not exposed to acids or reagents.
- Chem Resistant Laminate (Chemsurf) The 1″ table tops are laminated with chemical resistant “Chemsurf”. Suitable for all K-12 science laboratory situations. The cannot be used in areas with high acid concentrations. ChemSurf offers higher chemical resistance than standard High Pressure Laminate.
- Phenolic Resin Core 3/4″ phenolic resin core with a chemical resistant surface. Water and heat resistant and suitable for use in K-12 science laboratory applications that do not require maximum acid resistance.
- Solid Epoxy Resin Individually molded solid core tops. Suitable for use where maximum concentrations of acids are used. Water and heat resistant.
- Durasurf Acid resistant characteristics similar to solid epoxy. The core is MDF and coated with an epoxy powder 3-5 ml finish.Maximum acid and scratch resistance. Suitable for use in k-12 science laboratory applications.
1st Annual Childhood Cancer Surf CampWe all need a little inspiration now and then to tackle something new, study harder, get to the gym or make a sales call. If you want a true example of inspiration read on.The following email was sent to me by my dear friend. She and her husband have a love of surfing, thanks to the Indo Jax Surfing School in Wilmington, NC. After learning of outreach surf charities they were inspired to provide children with Cancer the opportunity to learn the joy of surfing. Rather than think about their personal battle with cancer, they teamed up with the Indo Jax Surf School and helped to facilitate the 1st Annual Childhood Cancer Surf Camp.
"Tonight was the first night of Indo Jax's new camp benefitting children with cancer. It was amazing! The children and their families had the biggest smiles. And the kids were AWESOME surfers! We had 20 kids, ages 2-14, and they were stoked and rode wave after wave. It was a true blessing to be there and I'm humbled by what these young children and their families endure. We will be at Mallard St, Access 10 Wrightsville Beach on Wednesday and Thursday too, 5-7 pm. Come on out and check it out. I guarantee you'll leave with a smile."I hope you are inspired by this example of love, kindness and perseverance. For more information please click the following links.News Story about the 1st Annual Childhood Cancer Surf CampLearn more about the Surfing Camps at Indo Jax OutreachPhotography provided by Jesse Stephenson
Arrange & Rearrange the Slide, Bump, Dip, Squeeze, Link, Pac, Join, Speck & Spot - with our Doozie Modular Lounge Collection.These contemporary Doozie Lounge pieces are ideal for group setting in universities, corporate lobbies, hospitality, children centers & collaborative spaces.Made in the USA
- Modular design allows units to be rearranged to create endless configurations.
- 9 shapes and sizes.
- Flexible Doozie design fits any environment.
- Spec & Spot Doozie components are available with 1" laminate top and 3mm edgeband.
- Appeals to users and brings FUNction and flexibility to any space.
- Plastic glides on each modular unit help furniture move easily when being rearranged.
- Fabric patterns are not recommended due to the modular design.
NC State Contract News Furniture All Types 420ANEW – Effective 7/1/2015 - 12/31/2016. The NC State Contract News E-Procurement August 2015 Newsletter outlined the consolidation of previous contracts that will now all be contained in 420-A Furniture All Types. Previously these furniture items were individually listed under 420A, 420B, 420C, 420D, 425A, 425B, 425C, 425D & 425E. You can now purchase all of furniture items under the consolidated 420A contract. Additional information can be found on the Click here to see furniture available from Bakagain on the 420A contract.This is the consolidated list outlining the NEW Furniture Contract Commodity Categories 420A Furniture, All Types (as posted On the EC E-Procurement Newsletter August Edition & the NC Division of Administration Purchase & Contract):
Casegoods (Desks, Credenzas, Conference Tables) Wood Office Desks & Casegoods (Fully Assembled), Laminate Office Desks & Casegoods Desks (Modular Construction) Classroom Furniture Chairs, General Purpose, Metal, and Chair Desks, Classroom Tables, Pupil, Metal Desks, Teacher’s, Metal Tables, General Purpose, Metal, Tables, Computer, Classroom Ergonomic Chairs Office Swivel & Side Chairs Computer Furnitur Mobile & Folding Furniture Chairs, Metal Folding, Tables, Folding, Tables, Metal, Folding, Mobile Storage Equipment, Folding Chairs Upholstered Seating Lounge Seating, Upholstered (Matching Sofa, Loveseat, Chair Only) & (Sectional & Ganged Seating Only) Commercial Dining Tables Chairs, Dining, hospitality, General Purpose (Wood, Upholstered Type) & (Metal, Upholstered Type) Tables, Dining Occasional TablesOur web site includes many furniture product photos, features & benefits & specifications. We do carry the COMPLETE OFM PRODUCT LINE & are happy to provide you with ALL the information you need for your purchases. Call Bakagain, Inc Furniture at 910-769-2422 or email Bakagain, Inc Furniture with your requests.These are just a few of the items for purchase on or off the State Contract. Shop online or give us a call for a quotation!
5 QUICK SHIP Furniture PicksOur product line is designed to ensure long-term end-user satisfaction How? Furniture must provide end-user functionality. That's the whole point of making a purchase - you want it to work! Our furniture is hand-selected so that you will use & enjoy your purchases for years of functional, versatile & reliable service - in style. As manufacturers for over a decade & Jim's furniture design & engineering, we understand the VALUE of QUALITY design & materials. Here are 5 QUICK SHIP Furniture Picks for this month.
- Adjustable Height Science Tables – ChemRes Hi-Pressure Laminate Top Panel Science Tables that adjust on demand from 29″h-41″h. Love the on demand aspect. Only one person needed. Lift one side, then the other side & presto.
- Mobile Partition & Display Panels You can create just about any space from full-on collaborative brain storming to contemplative private study. Great looking & affordably priced. DOC stands for - Divide Spaces | Organize Spaces | & Combine your choice of board. Magnetic Porcelain Dry Erase Panels, Dura-Rite Hi-Pressure Laminate, Cork Board Panels and/or Hook & Loop Panels. GreenGuard Gold Certified
- Tech Tubs for iPads – 7 Unit Lock, Charge, Sync. in a compact portable solution for a handful of tablets or use as an add-on solution to a full size charging cart. They are vented, light weight & easy to tote. Tech Tubs support a “grow your technology” approach to purchasing.
- Rico Stacking Chairs 300 lb. weight capacity GreenGuard Certified for Children & Schools. 6 Colors; Black, Red, Burgundy, Lemon Yellow, Navy & Lime Green with Silver Metal Bases. 4 Heights; 12", 14", 16" or 18".
- InterPlay Series Lounge Seating with Tablet Arm So many uses for the tablet chair & tablet sofa with built-in handle & 2 casters. Ideal for a waiting room so patients can use the tablet arm to fill out paper work or enjoy reading material, a library to study & take notes or collaborative area at work or school. 4 coverings & color options including all PVC free polyurethane, AntiBacterial / AntiMicrobial. 500 lb. weight capacity!
Why did these products the top 5 QUICK SHIP Furniture Picks for September?Quick Ship: It's back to school & back from vacation. Schools, Business & Healthcare Facilities need furniture now. Your order will generally ship within 24-48 hours.Design: A laptop cart for example needs to have adequate charging bays to store & charge the laptops & accommodate the power cords for cable management. A design must meet the needs of the end-user & protect the equipment investment.Price: The business office needs to purchase within their budget to hit an affordable "price point". At Bakagain, we select furniture that is the best in their class at "entry-level, better & best" price levels. For example, our science tables top materials range from Hi-pressure Chemical Resistant (ChemSurf), Phenolic Resin to Epoxy Resin. An elementary school may choose to purchase Epoxy Resin because that is what most people picture when they think of science tables. Actually hi-pressure or chemical resistant laminate could be considered the "best" in terms of durability & price because k-6 doesn't use chemical agents that other surfaces guard against. Click here to read more about chemical resistant materials.Function: Education, Business & Healthcare settings need to count on their products to stand up to daily use. Our Medical Supply Carts & Point of Care Carts for example are mobile, have accessories for your specific needs & locking options for secure care.Call Bakagain Inc for more information - we are happy to provide specifications & quotations! 910.769.2422. PO Box 10661 | Wilmington, NC 28404Premier Manufacturing Partners
- Food SCIENCE
- Printing TECHNOLOGY to Create the edible
- 3D Modeling & ENGINEERING
- Creative ARTistic Design
- MATH calculations
Let's start with the where - Wilmington, NCBakagain Inc Furniture is located near Historic Wilmington and the beautiful southeast island beaches where inspiration has no limits. The view leading into Wrightsville beach as you cross the intracoastal bridge brims with boating activity from kayaks and paddle boards to sail boats, motor boats and of course of yachts.When walking on the beach, it's impossible not to be thankful for and inspired by the panoramic beauty. White sands with oyster shells and busy sandpipers, warm emerald water, surfers working the waves, fishermen, and the vast blue sky with hands down the most beautiful clouds. When the pelicans fly overhead you can see the wing structure and hear their power as they head out to the ocean for the catch of the day.Downtown Wilmington is full of life with visitors, residents and students patronizing restaurants, craft beer breweries, speciality shops, live music and art shows. The town is anchored by the Battleship Carolina which also serves as the backdrop to the summer concert series. Every Friday night Front Street and the River Walk Rock and it's free!
Who am I? Jim Baker, Furniture Designer & Partner - Bakagain Inc.My professional roots developed working in the Architectural Modeling for business centers and residential sites. I moved onto RTA furniture design sold through dealers including Office Max, Staples and Hold Everything.Later I concentrated on educational technology furniture and along with my partner Jane, founded WoodWare by Design, Inc. and CartWrite Furniture. I designed, engineered and manufactured a comprehensive product line of modular computer tables and mobile computer cabinets to accommodate laptops, netbooks, tablet computers and media equipment.My designs can be found throughout the United States in schools, training facilities, businesses and most notably a custom design for the Department of Homeland Security.Please enjoy the photos of my favorite places as well as the Gecko we affectional refer to as Kevin.See more About Bakagain or stay tuned for the next installment. Or better yet visit us in North Carolina - you can read more about Historic Wilmington and Island Beaches here.
Top 5 Tabletop Mobile Device Charging Station SolutionsNothing is more frustrating than looking for your tablet, handheld or mobile device & realizing that you don't have a charge AND that you can't find your power cords. I don't think I'm the only person that has this dilemma. I have 3 digital cameras, an iPad & iPhone not to mention the mobile devices everyone else charges in the house & the power cords all start looking alike. Our Tabletop Charging Stations eliminate this frustration. They are ideal for your kitchen & the home office, or from the classroom to the computer lab. The benefit is that the power, charging unit & your devices stay together & organized. When idle, during charging & if when moved to a new location ALL your equipment is organized & charged. Provide an organized solution & you have far better results in STAYING CHARGED & ORGANIZED. What is our criteria for making the Top 5 tabletop charging station solutions?
- Convenience - Eliminates clutter, Easy-to-use, Organized, Ready!
- Quality - Compatible & reliable safe charging, Durable, Tech savvy design
- Value - These 5 affordable solutions will provide safe dependable charging & therefore extends the life of your mobile device investment. That's value!
Here are our Top 5 Tabletop Charging Station Solutions for Home, Office & Education:
- 8 Port USB Charging Station Charge 8 Tablets, Laptops & Mobile Devices Reduce clutter with a designated charging tabletop station solution for USB powered devices in your classroom, office or home. The USB Charging Tabletop Station by Balt charges up to 8 mobile devices at the same time. This unit will replace up to eight charging bricks with one simple power cord to free up wall outlets. Compatible with most mobile deployments including; iPad, iPad mini, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Tab, Kindle HD Fire and Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, MacBook Air 11”, MacBook Air 13”, MacBook Pro 13”, MacBook Pro 15”, MacBook Pro 17”, Nook Color & Nook Tablet. Balt 8 Port USB Charging Station #66670
- iTeach Desktop Tablet Charger Charge 8 Tablets, Laptops & Mobile Devices The Balt 27690 iTeach Desktop Tablet Charger can easily charge up to eight USB tablet or phone devices right on your tabletop. The controlled power management knows which devices need more power, helping to extend battery life & saving energy. Includes four charge indicators & on/off power switch. Charge up to eight devices with one power cord to the wall.
- Secure and Charge Station – 10 Unit Charge different kinds of devices at the same time. Our Secure & Charge Station is designed for learning environments to keep Tablets, ChromeBooks & Mobile Devices organized, available, fully charged, & ready for classroom use. The station can even store & charge different kinds of devices at the same time, each with its own charging cable or adapter making the 10 unit charging station ideal for family & office charging as well. Secure & manage your mobile devices with this elegant, affordable solution.
- Chromebook Charging Cabinet 12 Unit Mix & match mini-laptops, tablets, & handhelds for clutter free counters Lots of laptops, limited space? Store & charge up to 12 devices with the wall mountable Chromebook Charging Cabinet! One size fits all Chromebooks, Surface Pro 3 , MacBook Air & other mini-laptops. Set the cabinet’s bay width & shelf height for your devices – up to 13” screen & some with 14” screen – then reconfigure when it’s time for new devices. Mix & match mini-laptops, tablets, & handhelds for even more flexibility. All this with a budget friendly price & Anthro Lifetime Warranty.
- Tech Tubs ChromeBook Charging Tech Tubs for ChromeBooks, Lock, Charge, Sync, it really is that simple. Tech Tub is designed for ChromeBooks a variety of tablets. Made from highly durable, heat-resistant ABS plastic & vented to ensure airflow, Tech Tubs are secure, mobile & lightweight. Tech Tubs support a “grow your technology” approach to purchasing. Overall Dimensions: 13″w | 16.125″d | 14″h, Slot Dimensions: .625″ | 12.25″w | 11.25″h. Tablets are protected & recharged with the inserts & the foam pad on the bottom of the Tech Tub provides cushioning & includes a six outlet power bar, cable management, a padlock & locking block to prevent theft.
- ABS Filament has been the standard material in 3D printing. Its higher melting point & fuel based polymer is similar to the material used to make car bumpers. ABS creates lightweight, moldable, shock & wear resistant parts that are harder to break. It has a longer shelf life.
- PLA Filament is a corn oil base and is biodegradable / compostable. PLA is a great choice for those new to 3D printing. It has a greater range of geometry for intricate designs & tends to have minimal warping even on larger parts.
Both materials are available for the Cube 3D with 20+ color options each containing enough material to make about 35 models per cartridge. Switching them out is a breeze - they snap right in. The Cube can also tell you how much material you have left, and won't let you start to print a design if you don't have enough material to finish it, to avoid waste. Another example of printing yield is you can print about 13 to 15 cell phone cases (or creations of similar size) from a single cartridge. You can get a discount when you get a pack of cartridges together.
7 Fun Ways Students Use Mobile Devices in the Classroom Students consistently report that they learn more when mobile devices are incorporated into lessons by their teachers. Some are even leading the charge for more technology in the classroom.
So how do students use their mobile devices during the school day – and afterwards outside of class?
- Record themselves reading on their iPods to perfect pronunciation. Viva el Espanol!
- Create videos and record audio over the top explaining how they got their answers.
- Send vocabulary words back and forth from classrooms.
- Actively engage with the video they’re watching by answering questions on their device.
- Hide videocaches and use geocaching.com so members of the public can search for them.
- Make “videoconference-pals” with students in other countries.
- Play “Mystery Skype” with other classrooms and try to guess where they’re located.