7 Fun Ways Students Use Mobile Devices in the Classroom Students consistently report that they learn more when mobile devices are incorporated into lessons by their teachers. Some are even leading the charge for more technology in the classroom.
So how do students use their mobile devices during the school day – and afterwards outside of class?
- Record themselves reading on their iPods to perfect pronunciation. Viva el Espanol!
- Create videos and record audio over the top explaining how they got their answers.
- Send vocabulary words back and forth from classrooms.
- Actively engage with the video they’re watching by answering questions on their device.
- Hide videocaches and use geocaching.com so members of the public can search for them.
- Make “videoconference-pals” with students in other countries.
- Play “Mystery Skype” with other classrooms and try to guess where they’re located.